Choosing a Social Media Platform to Market Your Business – Snapchat
👉TIP #3: SNAPCHAT
Snapchat is beginning to gain popularity for business marketing to Millenials.
45% of Snapchat users are 18-24 years old as of 2018, and 71% are under 34 years old. Which means that, if you have a product or service geared towards a younger crowd, this could be an effective social media platform for your business.
Here are some tips for marketing through Snapchat:
- Check out your competitors on Snapchat. Find out what they are doing that’s working and not working to create your own marketing strategy.
- When your goal is to build consumer trust, then sharing inspirational, educational, funny or thought-provoking content is the answer. Just like with Instagram and even Facebook, it’s all about engaging your audience with stories. (Find more articles about creating stories for social media at our blog.)
- Study Snapchat demographics so that you can focus artwork and copy on your desired audience. Stats are available for your viewers’ gender, location, age, and interests. You can even check out the attention span viewers have for your content.
- As Snapchat doesn’t have a suggested user list like Instagram, you’ll need to make your business discoverable. Here’s how
- Use your business handle in Snapchat
- Use icons or a scannable Snapcode on your website that link back to your Snapchat profile
- Add a Snapchat invite to your email signature
- Cross promote your Snapchat on other social media profile
👉You can create a Snapchat for business account here.