Digital Marketing: How to Hire & Who to Hire
Like it or not, the world is moving primarily to digital, and with the inception of a worldwide pandemic, you may be able to guess that things will not be going back to ‘normal’ anytime soon. Digital marketing is more important now than every and understanding how to hire and who to hire, along with the needed qualifications, is important.
Consumers have adapted. They are buying more products and services online (some sight unseen) than they ever have. Take the Seattle housing market, for example—people are making offers on properties without ever even stepping foot in them. And that’s no small purchase. Let that sink in.
Now it’s your turn, Business Owner. It’s time to adapt your business model and marketing to reach people where they are, when they need you the most, from the safety and security of their home.
- Do you have a plan?
- Do you have a team member that carries all of the qualifications to help you build an online brand?
One of the must-have qualifications you need to be looking for in a marketing hire is strategy. Strategy is the part most businesses are lacking. They are working by the day, the week, or the month, not the quarter or the year.
A great strategist is imperative to your success and should be able to:
- Look at where you are and where you can be in six months to a year.
- Look for opportunities to expand your brand and online presence to be everywhere the consumer will look for you.
- Make decisions based on analytics, tracking, and results.
- Brainstorm creative ideas to keep your business fresh, relevant, and engaging to your audience.
- Plan for the future and be adaptive
- Be the visionary for your company.
How to hire and who hire, next up on this list is someone with the skills of a content creator:
- A brainstormer for ideas for your social media content
- Creative when it comes to video edits and graphic design
- Know best practices on each platform and how to get your content the most engagement and eyes on it.
- They have a knack for voice, they convey yours well, they learn easily, and they understand your industry.
If it sounds like you might be looking for a unicorn, it’s because you are, and the right unicorn will be a game-changer for your business. You may also be realizing that these talents may not reside in one person and that you really need a team a five to do it right.
Allow us to introduce you to the RMS CMO solution. Your team of digital marketing experts that run your marketing as the Chief Marketing Officer of your business. And the best part is that it costs less than having one full-time employee.
Is this the right fit for your business? We’d love to answer that question by connecting for a complimentary 30-minute consultation.