Knowledge is power – especially when it comes to running your own business. As you know, you should have active social media accounts on the highest trending platforms. Are you on Instagram? Check out these 5 essential Instagram facts for small business owners.
- As of April 2017, Instagram has grown to 700 million users. That’s a lot of people waiting to see your images.
- The optimal Instagram image size is 1080px by 1080px. Have you ever posted an image that doesn’t quite fit? Avoid the frustration by starting with the proper size right away.
- An Instagram video can be up to 60 seconds long. Make sure your videos are under 60 seconds, and take advantage of filters and adjustable cover images.
- According to Instagram, each day, users like about 4.2 billion posts. Post frequently (1-2 per day) to get your brand noticed in relevant hashtags. Speaking of hashtags…
- According to an infographic by WebsiteBuilder.org, the best “general” hashtags are #love, #instagood, #photooftheday and #tbt. However, do your research and know which hashtags are best for your industry.
- In 2016, it was reported that 90 percent of Instagram users were younger than 35. Is this your target market?
Is Instagram a good fit for your business?